Many of our staff, of the artists we are working with, and of the audiences attending our programme have close ties to (people in) Palestine and Israel. All these people make up the broad community of Kaaitheater.
Together, we witness how fear, anger and grief are paralysing us and many others in our communities.
On our social media and website, we are amplifying the voice of Palestinian and Israeli artists from the broad community around Kaaitheater and helping to disseminate stories, information, and awareness.
On 17 and 18/10 presented her performative dinner Holy Cow & the Pomegranate: Sumac at De Kriekelaar.
Samah: "I know it can be overwhelming, depressing and debilitating when we watch the death and destruction. So here is something concrete you can do: donate to one of the organisations of Build Palestine"
She also shares the film programme Unprovoked Narratives of the Palestine Film Institute. Watch here
Framer Framed is a platform for contemporary art, visual culture, critical theory and practice based in Amsterdam.
On their latest podcast, Framer Framed invited Shahd Hammouri, a Lecturer in Law at the University of Kent. She speaks about how the words of former Chilean president Salvador Allende gave agency to people around the world. She links them the ongoing Palestinian struggle for liberation and self-determination. Listen here
الى فلسطين خذوني معكم
The mixtape Learning Palestine _ Until Liberation, broadcasted a.o. via Radio Alhara, is a 12 hours sound program created from content downloaded from Youtube “interweaving songs, poems, music, chants, talks, discussions, presentations, and conversations by many, many singers, intellectuals, academics, researchers, musicians, students, and fighters to teach, tell, inform, and to understand the history, the present, and reality of the ongoing struggle for justice and liberation for Palestine”.
12 hours of lectures, interviews, book presentation, talks, storytelling, music, songs, poetry and chants
- Learning Palestine Group
- Wedding chanting (Live recording)
- John Berger reading a story by Ghassan Kanafani
- A Song: Goerge Kirmiz: I’m the mountain of Galilee
- Kwame Ture on Zionism and Imperialism
- A Song: A Dabkeh Chant from Termos Ayya 1986
- A Poem: Mahmoud Darwish: The Speech Before the Last by the Red Indian (in Arabic)
- Edward Said: The Interview 1986
- A Song: Sabreen: Smoke of Volcanos
- A Song: The Flower of Fire
- Deep Dive: A history of Black Palestinian Solidarity
- Angela Davis Speaks at Oranienplatz Berlin 2022
- A Song: AlFajr Group: Berlin festival 1989
- A Dabkeh Chant
- Interview: Mohammad Al Kurd on CNN 2021
- Basel Al Araj: Details of an operation (in Arabic)
- A Song: Marcel Khalifa: Fighters without an Address
- A song: Abdallah Haddad and Martyrs Children Group: I’m the Child of Sumod
- Ghassan Kanafani interview with Richard Carleton 1970
- Brave French Students Stand Up to Israeli Ambassador (In French)
- Amer Zahr: comedy clip: Palestine Fully Furnished
- A Song: Al Ashiqeen group: A Boy Walks on Embers: Yemen concert 1984
- Judith Butler on BDS and Antisemitism
- A Song: Fayrouz: One Day We Shall Return
- Fred Moten speaks on Solidarity with Palestine
- A Song: This Monster Haneen Odet Allah & Jowan Safadi.
- A Song: Sabreen Love on the Palestinian Way
- A Song: Marcel Khalifa: Ahmad Al Arabi Musical
- Rashid Khalidi The Hundred Year War in Palestine SOAS University of London
- A Song: Fayrouz: The Bridge of Return
- A Song: Marcel Khalife: Promises from the Storm
- A Song: Sabreen: On Wishes
- Ilan Pappe: On 1948 Part I Interview 2018
- A Song: Daboor/Shabjdeed Inn Ann Prod Al Nather
- A Chant in a wedding: For Dalal
- A Song: Al Ashiqeen group: Sour: Yemen concert 1984
- Podcast: Nakba in the social lexicon (in Arabic)
- A Song: Stay Away from the Army
- Dabkeh in a wedding
- Rana Barakat: Decolonial Futures Palestine in and the Global South
- A Song: Kofia group: Palestinian struggle songs
- On Tragedy Resistance Israels Apartheid System in al Khalil (Hebron) by PALFEST
- Amnesty: Israel Palestine Apartheid Explainer
- Suheir Hamad: Poetry: On the Brink of for Rachel Corrie
- Ultras chant for Palestine in Morocco
- Mohammad Al Kurd: Palestine: Double Down News
- A Song from Sweden: Leve Leve Leve Palestina