job vacancy theatre technician (full-time)
From its start in 1977, Kaaitheater has been a stage for contemporary performing arts, anchored in Brussels and facing the world. Today, we present dance, theatre, performance and musical theatre, and are a platform for lectures and discussions. A team of 35 committed staff members makes this programme possible.
Kaaitheater is in full motion. Under the slogan 'How to Be Many?', the Kaaitheater team makes space for a broad spectrum of stories, perspectives, artists and audiences, to learn to better reflect the city's polyphony.
Moreover, Kaaitheater is undergoing a major renovation until the end of 2024 and the offices are temporarily relocated to Schaerbeek.
Kaaitheater is looking for a motivated theatre technician (full-time) - GECO status - for immediate employment and for an indefinite period of time, who enjoys a varied working environment and can deal with both professional as well as rather inexperienced artists/colleagues.
- Performing on-stage technical work at rehearsals and performances;
- Organisation and shared coordination of the technical aspects (light, sound, video, set...) of the performances;
- Correct use and maintenance of technical theatre infrastructure and equipment to ensure safety and smooth running of activities;
- Communicating and collaborating with production staff;
- Keeping up to date with changes in the world of theatre technology;
All tasks are carried out in consultation with the coordinator and adjunct technical coordinator.
- You meet the requirements for the GECO status: your domicile is in the Brussels-Capital Region and you have been registered as unemployed for at least 6 months in the past year OR you are over 40 years old and unemployed for at least 1 day on full unemployment benefit.
- You have a heart for performing arts and have experience in a similar position;
- You have a sound knowledge of theatre technology: lighting, sound, video, scenery and rigging and are willing to undergo further training in this area;
- You have good social and communication skills, enabling you to communicate appropriately with your colleagues, our partners and the public;
- You are familiar with the most common software solutions;
- You perform well in a team but can also work independently;
- You are proactive, structured, efficient and stress-resistant;
- You are willing to work flexible hours with evening and weekend work;
- You are Dutch-speaking. If you are not a native speaker, you can express yourself in English or French;
- Multilingualism with a special focus on French and/or English;
- Knowledge of grandMA 2 and/or MIDAS PRO software;
- Knowledge of AutoCad or SketchUp
Kaaitheater strives for equal opportunities for all. We select candidates based on competences and talents, regardless of any so-called race, skin colour, nationality or ethnic origin, social origin, religion or philosophy of life, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth, maternity, wealth, marital status, political belief, trade union belief, current or future health condition, disability, a physical or genetic characteristic, birth, language or age. Read our full non-discrimination policy.
- A full-time GECO contract of indeterminate duration, with the ability to recover extra hours;
- Compensation according to the scales of Joint Committee 304; wage category B;
- An attractive working environment full of variety within an enthusiastic team;
- Opportunity to attend training courses (personal skills and work-related);
- 100% reimbursement for commuting by public transport or cycling compensation;
- meal vouchers, group insurance, 13th month and hospitalisation insurance after 1 year of service.
Interested in this job?
Send your cover letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will receive an invitation for an interview upon receipt.
For more info, contact 02/201.58.58 (Nadia El Boubsi).
All applications are treated with care and confidentiality.